Thursday, September 02, 2010

::recipe::

So a little while ago I got a tweet from Women's Health magazine with a link to follow on "10 Things You Can Do with Tomatoes" ~ I am a big tomato fan ( if they're firm, hate mushy tomatoes ) so I was pretty excited to see what they would come up with and the very first recipe was the most appealing. No muss, no fuss, great appetizer for when the girls are over and you're going to be watching the second installement of Sex and the City on a Friday night. Credit's all go to Women's Health Magazine's website, I just decided that I would share this quick lil recipe with you since I haven't done that in a while. I personally haven't tried this recipe out as of yet, but if you happen to do so before me then let me know! And I will keep you posted as well. Enjoy! :)




Drunken Little Tomatoes with Citrus Dill Salt
Place 1 pint multicolored cherry, pear, and grape tomatoes in a shallow baking dish. With a toothpick, prick 4 holes in each. Pour 1/4 cup vodka over tomatoes and let stand overnight. While tomatoes marinate, combine 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon each finely grated lime and lemon peel, and 1 teaspoon fresh dill in a clean spice grinder or mini chopper and pulse until blended. Roll tomatoes in salt mixture just before serving. Makes a great appetizer for guests.

Makes 8 servings. Per serving: 24 calories, 0 g fat, 2 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 239 mg sodium, 0 g protein



-S*

No comments:

Post a Comment