Tuesday, November 30, 2010

::celeb:recipe::

Well ~ I am a little upset at the moment, lately when I have been using blogger on my laptop, alot of the time my entire blog entry will disappear. Which is uber disappointing, because then I have to retype everything. And sometimes I write witty and clever things and then can't for the life of me, remember them! Ugh. So, today ~ surprisingly enough, is quite mild & it's pouring rain, which is peculiar for this time of year, the last day of November.
And once again, I feel quite crappy. I woke up at 4am from a coughing fit and non-stop itchy nose. So I have been up since then. I needed something hot to drink and I also didn't want to wake my boyfriend up since he has to go into work.
So now, he is up and off to work and I am in bed, perusing magazines, watching Food Network, listening to Christmas carols and typing this while lying down, tissues in hand along with tea.
It's quite a gloomy day out there, quite dark. I am having difficulty adjusting my eyes to the screen. Lol.
Anyways...I decided to start this day off with a recipe. A celeb recipe, actually.
I found this recipe in the December 2010/January 2011 issue of People StyleWatch {it's actually thick! And if you didn't already know, Zoe Saldana is on the cover}.
If you want to check the actual recipe out in the mag, it's on page 219.
It's getting to that time of the year where houses all across the world are going to smell like vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate and everything that would remind someone of Christmastime.
I will definitely be trying these cookies in the future and have them at the ready during get togethers over the holidays. So here you go! The miniature baking recipe of the day. :)
Bon Appetit!



Lauren's Holiday Cookies!
The stylish celeb shares a delicious family recipe.
Try it as a thoughtful and inexpensive gift!

Lauren: "I love making my Mom's eggnog cookies! When you give a homemade gift, it really is more personal!"


Eggnog Cookies
Makes 2 dozen


Ingredients
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp + 1 tbsp. ground nutmeg
1 1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup salted butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 large egg yolks


Directions
Preheat oven to 300F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinammon and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer to form a grainy paste. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks. Beat at a medium speed until smooth.
Add the flour mixture to the eggnog mixture, and beat at a low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.
Drop by rounded teasponsfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, 1 inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with 1 tbsp. nutmeg. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown.
Immediately transfer to cool, flat surfacce with a spatula.



 
There! It's a rather simple recipe, especially for someone who isn't a baking expert.
You can also probably add icing to the top if you'd like or add crushed nuts to the recipe if that's what you fancy.
But it does sound like a deeeelish cookie recipe and probably one to make the whole house smell positively heavenly. :) Hope you enjoyed!
 
Ps. Round 2. Let's hope this blog article doesn't disappear. ;) Lol.



-S.*
 
(Source for Images: Google)

4 comments:

  1. ooh those sound so yummy! i need to try them. i love lauren conrad, she's so amazing

    x http://madelineweber.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added these to my "must try" recipe file...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They definitely look delicious!
    Thanks for commenting and let me know what they are like! If I try them sooner I will let you guys know. ;)

    -Sandra.*

    ReplyDelete