Thursday, November 04, 2010

::recipe::

You globetrotters are in for a real treat! It's another recipe starring one of the loves of my life.....pasta. ;)
I love love loooooooove pasta. I love spaghetti, I love pesto, I love shells, rotini, cappellini, just everything! I don't like lasagna too much though.
The only problem with pasta is that it's very high in calories. :(
But! There is hope! I actually just found out about a no-calorie pasta. It's called Shirataki Miracle Noodle which is made of naturally water soluble fibre with no fat, sugar or starch. (You can check out their website: http://www.miraclenoodle.com/ - I think I might order mine at some point in the future ~ I will keep you guys posted as to how this actually tastes.)
Anywhooo, the recipe for today is going to be one that I am going to try and tackle tonight. I am trying to eat healthier, but today I decided to treat myself.
So, my choice for today's dinner is; Spaghetti Carbonara. I found this recipe on canadianliving.com ~ they have a tun of amazing recipes on there that you guys should definitely check out. So here are the ingredients and steps ~ bon appetit!


Spaghetti Carbonara with Prosciutto

-By The Canadian Living Test Kitchen

Ingredients
4 eggs
6 oz (170 g) chopped prosciutto

1/4 (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese, (approx)
1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp (15 mL) whipping cream
1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
12 oz (340 g) spaghetti


Preparation:In large bowl, whisk together eggs, prosciutto, Parmesan, parsley, cream and pepper; set aside. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until tender but firm, about 12 minutes. Drain and add immediately to egg mixture, tossing to lightly cook eggs and coat pasta in creamy sauce. Serve sprinkled with more Parmesan if desired.


~
See! Simple. ;) And delicious! Make sure you stir alot though when you pour the eggs or they will cook and will turn out clumpy.
Prep time is 5 minutes, takes 12 minutes to make and serves 4.
Hope you enjoy!

-S*

No comments:

Post a Comment