Friday, November 19, 2010

::recipe::

I am a big seafood fan, I love fish, shrimp, crab, scallops...that's pretty much it. I don't like mussels or calamari though (bleh!). And I have never tried lobster yet.
But one of my all time favorite fish is salmon.
Salmon can be rather expensive but it's well worth the money for a really lovely dinner that can border on fine dining. :)
I found an awesome recipe on (you guessed it) canadianliving.ca.
I hope you guys try this and let me know what you think! I also tried the last recipe I posted, the barley stew...it was soooooo good. I really liked it and my boyfriend thought it was a hit. So you guys have to definitely try that recipe out.
Bon appetit!



Garlic Rosemary Salmon

A simple rub of herbs and spices before grilling is often all a nice fresh piece of fish needs to highlight it's flavour.
This recipe makes 4 servings.

(Credit: Google Images)
Ingredients
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh rosemary
2 tsp (10 mL) fennel seeds, coarsely crushed
2 tsp (10 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
1-1/2 (680 g) salmon fillet, (or 4 fillets, about 6 oz/175 g each), with skin
Lemon wedges

Preparation
In small bowl, stir together garlic, rosemary, fennel seeds, oil, salt and pepper. Rub into fish flesh; let stand for 20 minutes. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.)
Place fish, skin side down, on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook for 10 minutes.
Turn and cook until fish flakes easily when tested, about 2 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.

Additional Information:
Also try: lake trout, arctic char, pickerel or whitefish


-S.*


2 comments:

  1. Salmons are delicious AND healthy! I love your recipes and I will definitely try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for commenting! :)
    Yes, the recipes all look absolutely deeeelish! Let me know how yours turns out if you try any. :)

    Thanks!

    -Sandra.*

    ReplyDelete