Monday, November 22, 2010

::recipe::

I have a couple of recipes lined up for you guys today ~ I hope that I can get all of them posted for you throughout the day.
This recipe I found on the Food Network Canada website.
It's something that I think I will try and experiment with since I have never tried any type of Asian-inspired soup recipes.
I love mushrooms as well so I decided to go with this recipe.
It's healthy as well which is always a major bonus in my books.
Try this recipe out and let me know what you guys think if you do and if you have any interesting substitutes.
Oh and PS, this recipe is from Ricardo Larrivee from his hit show on the Food Network called "Ricardo and Friends". He's an awwwwesome chef. :)


Mushroom Miso Soup

A light and tasty soup from Ricardo that is the perfect starter for a Japanese dinner.

Google Images

Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4

Ingredients
5 cups water
1/2 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
2 tablespoons miso paste
3/4 pound assorted mushrooms (shiitake, oyster, enoki, king, lobster, button, etc.), thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
300 grams soft tofu, cut into cubes {I don't like tofu, so I would leave this out}
2 green onions, chopped
1 pinch salt & pepper


Directions
In a saucepan, bring the water and dried shiitake mushrooms to a boil. Remove from the heat and step for about 15 minutes. Add the miso paste and stir to combine. Keep warm.
In a skillet, saute the assorted mushrooms in the oil. Add the bell pepper and continue cooking for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the miso broth, along with the remaining ingredients. Adjust the seasoning.


Wow. I keep giving you guys simple and quick recipes!
See? You don't need to be a super experienced chef to make awesome delicious food. ;)
Oh! And one more thing...if some of you don't like tofu, I would suggest to add some mung bean noodles to the dish. Will definitely give it more of a hearty texture.


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment