Monday, February 14, 2011

::candy:ribbons::

Firstly, I am going to be grossly happy and into the spirit and say:

          Happy Valentine’s Day!
Yechh...now that that is out of the way {lol!}.
I haven't posted in a bit and have been having difficulty getting inspired...this is a recurring theme for me here. I am absolutely miserable today to say that it's freakin Valentine's lovey-dovey day. I am just sad and blablabla...no sense in getting into it.
But anyways, since it is the day of all things lovey I am sure some of you out there will be making your girlfriend/boyfriend/hubby/wifey/whatever a lovely dinner. :)
So I am going to share a recipe with you ~ I haven't shared a recipe in soooo long and I love food and talking about food and eating it and really should blog more about it. ;)
Also definitely have to get onto taking pics of my recent purchases and gifts and post them on here with some reviews. As we speak, I am online shopping for some amazingly decadent 3-in-1's at Philosophy's website. I am very excited to get these things in the mail soon enough!
I got a ton of goodies from Bath & Body Works, Forever21 and Ulta so I am super excited to get my hands on all these treasures of mine and share with all of you! :)
The only downfall is I have to wait for half of it because it is being held "captive" in California with my Mom & Dad {aka. I am an idiot and didn't realize that if my Mom ships to me (since they don't ship to Canada) that she is going to be shelling out big bucks for shipping}.
Ho hum...now I must wait.
ANYWAYS!
Bon Appetit. :)


Chicken Piccata Linguini
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
This recipe makes 4 servings
Nutritional Info - Per Serving: 493 calories

Ingredients
12 oz (340 g) linguine
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup (175 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh parsley
3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
2 tbsp (25 mL) capers, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup (50 mL) grated romano cheese

Preparation
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Meanwhile, slice chicken on bias in 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick strips; sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper.
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat; cook garlic and chicken until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
Stir in broth, scraping up an brown bits; bring to boil and boil until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
Stir in parsley, lemon juice and capers; add to drained pasta. Add cheese and toss to coat.

I personally haven't tried this recipe out yet so let me know what you guys think.
My Mom suggested I try and make this for Valentine's Day & it does look tastalicious. :)
This recipe btw is from the Canadian Living website and the image is from Google Images.

Lots of Love!
-S.*

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much! I follow you :)
    And It great recipe :) I should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look's great.
    A happy valentin's day for you to!

    ReplyDelete