Saturday, May 07, 2011

::nummies::

I am unsure if I have mentioned this in previous posts but I recently got a cookbook called "Cooking Light - Fresh Food Superfast" and the title seriously doesn't lie. This cookbook is chock-full of super quick recipes that are delicious AND healthy for you. 
I am going to share a recipe that I was going to make the other day but unfortunately my veggies began to go on the raunchy side. But I still plan on making it sometime next week. Since my veggies were donezo I just substituted a few ingredients and ended up making a delicious tuna and garlic papparedelle pasta with lemon. It really was good. I was always the first one to think that canned tuna in pasta must be disgusting but nope - it was great! And my boyfriend loved it!
Anyways, I am going to share the recipe as I said that I was going to conjure up in the kitchen. So here you go! If you beat me to it, then please do tell me what it's like. 
And people!!! If you try these recipes then share with us what you thought of them!
Bon Appetit!


Pappardelle with Roasted Zucchini, Mascarpone, and Pine Nuts
The creamy, rich-tasting mascarpone sauce swirled into pappardelle ribbons and then topped with crunch pine nuts makes a delicious play on textures. It's a company-worthy dish.
Prep: 19 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes

Ingredients
8 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced {2 pounds}
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
8 ounces uncooked pappardelle {wide ribbon pasta}
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil {optional}
3 tablespoons pine nuts

Directions
1. Preheat broiler.

2. Spread zucchini on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle zucchini with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, tossing to coat. Broil, on center oven shelf, 15 mintes or until zucchini is tender and edges are browned. 

3. While zucchini broils, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. 

4. Stir roasted zucchini and its accumulated juices, hot cooking liquid, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and, if desired, basil into hot pasta. Gradually add mascarpone, stirring gently until it melts. Sprinkle with pine nuts. 

Yield: 6 servings {serving size: 1 cup and 1-1/2 teaspoons pine nuts}.
Calories 303; Fat 15.6g


You guys can find this recipe on page 170 of the Cooking Light book.
Remember! Let us know if you try it!
Ps. Just wanted to share that pine nuts are freakin' expensive!!!


-S.*

1 comment:

  1. Just the kind of recipe I was looking for! Great blog!!!! I'm a follower now!

    ReplyDelete