Monday, June 27, 2011

::mushroooooms::

Guess what time it issss??? 
That's right! It's recipe time! I saw this recipe on the website benutritious.com {a healthy nutrition blog} and my mouth instantly watered. I was trying to figure out a different recipe to make tonight instead of the usual pasta or seafood and potatoes or salad...and this is going to hit the spot. I know it's pasta and all, but I have never made a casserole type dish and this just looks diviiiine. And I am sure that it's not seriously unhealthy {like if you were to get something like this at a restaurant}. So I am going to share this recipe with you and all credit goes to the Be Nutritious blog. You guys should definitely check it out - a TUN of mouth-watering recipes it's not even funny. 
And I know that it involves just a lot of mushrooms and whatnot, but I think I would maybe even add to it, like asparagus or peppers. Either way it looks heavenly and you need to check the blog out for the story behind it as well. :) I am sure you will enjoy the read. 

Bon Appetit!



Mushroom Pasta Bake

Ingredients
1 package (12 oz) of pasta such as penne or bow ties
4-5 cups of cremini mushrooms
1 chopped onion
2 minced garlic cloves
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2-1/2 cup low fat milk
1-1/2 tbsp butter
1-1/2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup Parmesan
Salt, pepper

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. 

2. Prepare white sauce. In a pot melt butter and stir in flour. Slowly add milk and whisk until no clumps are visible. Bring to a boil, lower down the heat and simmer 5 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and grated nutmeg. Keep stirring often when sauce cooks to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot. 

3. In a skillet saute the onion with a bit of olive oil. When onion is softened add minced garlic and quartered mushrooms. Fry on a high heat for roughly five minutes. Season with salt and parsley.

4. Add mushrooms to the drained pasta. 

5. Pour white sauce over and mix everything together. Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven preheated to 425F. 

Nutrition Facts: In 1 portion (dish yields six portions) there are 381 calories. 


If you ask me that was pretty darn simple and fast to make! I will be making this tonight so I will keep you guys posted as to what I think about it. :) 
Below is the direct link to the site. 


-S.*

{Source: http://benutritious.com/main-course/mushroom-pasta-bake/}

No comments:

Post a Comment