Thursday, August 04, 2011

::fare::

Ugh.
I am really not feeling good at all today and there is really not much that I can do about it. 
I have a gross headache and there is power drilling going on in the office today that is sure as hell not helping my case whatsoever. 
I really hope that it goes away - and quickly. 
Well, here in Canada we have another hot and sticky sunny freaking day - don't get me wrong, I am a huge sun worshiper...but I have not seen rain in ages and I am beginning to get on edge with regards to this little fact. 
I am an avid thunderstorm/rain lover. I love everything about it. The way it gets really dark, the smell, the sound...
I really hope we have some rain this weekend. 
And it's funny because you'd think I would be somewhat a fan of Winter time...since it is usually dark 90% of the time, but I am not a fan of cold and get serious seasonal affective disorder. :/ 
Oh please clouds - get your bellies full of water and shower down on us. PLEASE!

Anyways - I didn't eat dinner last night...the boyfriend and I were going to order in some food but never ended up getting around to it...one thing led to another and then it was 9pm and was just way too late to eat. So off to beddie bye we went. 
I am still dreaming/thinking/craving shrimps...especially after the delicious shrimp I had over the weekend up at my boyfriend's bosses cottage.
It did look creepy in it's shell...and then when you took the shell off it looked like the shrimp had little teets which could throw any avid shrimp lover totally off {it looked plain gross} BUT it was soooooooo yummy! 
I would also like to point out - don't youtube shrimp...it's gross. 
I don't know why I just did that. 

ANYWAYS!
Here is another gorgeously delicious and delightful shrimp recipe from Everyday Food. 
I am definitely trying this soon.
Did I just throw everyone off shrimp with this post?? 

Bon Appetit!


New Orleans-Style Barbecued Shrimp
A big pot of quick-cooking seafood turns a weeknight meal into a party. Let the good times roll!
Everyday Food, April 2010

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients
Coarse salt
1-1/2 cups long-grain white rice
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 large celery stalk, diced small {3/4 cup}
1 small bunch scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 large lemon, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
1-3/4 pounds shell-on extra-large shrimp, deveined

Directions
In a medium saucepan, bring 2-1/4 cups salted water to a boil. Add rice, stir, and return to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove pot from heat and let stand, covered, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.

Meanwhile, in a large heavy pot, melt butter over medium-high. Add celery, scallion whites, and garlic and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add Creole seasoning and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. 

Add Worcestershire, lemon, and shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and coated with sauce, about 4 minutes. Serve shrimp over rice with scallion greens on top. 


There you have it!
Enjoy! ;)


-S.*

1 comment: