Wednesday, August 03, 2011

::nommies::

I am literally half asleep right now and am considering taking a nap; even though in my current circumstances that is next to impossible. 
It is amazing to me how exhausted you can get my doing absolutely nothing and/or the most monotonous and tedious work/errands of life...
That and if the lights are dimmed my brain goes into sleep-mode...
So sleepy...I have yet to begin dinner as well! And I have planned on making a stew and that is going to take some time to prepare {not too bad though, I am making the barley, potato & mushroom stew I posted a while ago but the recipe calls for farro instead}. Anyways! 
Oh no...I forgot I have a crap-load of dishes to do as well. 
Thus is life. 
Anyways, I found a tun of new recipes that I gotta share with you guys...
This next one sounds awesome; minus the chunky tomatoes but we can always sub for a paste, no?
Anyways - give'er a shot!

Bon Appetit!


Easy Paella
You don't need a paella pan to make this meal. Use a wide, shallow saute pan with a lid. If you are taking this dish to a party, reheat it covered; add water as needed.
Everyday Food, December 2003

Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 8

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 {12 ounces} chicken sausage, sliced in 1/2-inch rounds
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 cups long-grain rice
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 can {14.5 ounces} diced tomatoes
2 cans {14.5 ounces each} reduced-sodium chicken broth
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed

Directions
In a heavy 12-inch saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until just pink on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes {do not overcook}. Transfer to plate.

Add remaining tablespoon oil and sausage to pan; cover over medium-high heat until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and rice; cook, stirring to coat, until rice is translucent, 1 to 2 minutes. 

Stir in paprika, turmeric, tomatoes, and broth, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper. 

Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed almost all liquid, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in peas; cook 1 minute. Stir in cooked shrimp; serve immediately. 


There you go! It sounds sooooo yummy and not only that but I think you guys have noticed that I harbor intense love for shrimpies and seafood. Lol. 
Anyways! Another thing - what the heck is a paella pan?! 
Well, just so that you guys don't have to open up another window tab and GOOGLE it, I have posted a picture below. :) I am pretty sure any type of shallow pan that they mentioned will work. When I give this a shot I will keep you guys posted since I don't own a paella pan. Toodles!



-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment