Wednesday, August 10, 2011

::quite:edible::

I am feeling a little down in the dumps today. The day started off good enough, I mean, I had a pretty good night last night with my boyfriend. We watched a marathon of Billy The Exterminator and I stayed up and piddled about on the laptop and yacked with people - no wonder I am so tired today! Lol. 
Then, the next day I was told that a great oppurtunity was to be presented to me. 
Unfortunately, I was wrong. It definitely wasn't a great opportunity for me. And it's unfortunate because it has been something I have been striving towards and working towards for a few years now. I just feel like where everyone is moving forward, I am moving backwards. It's easy for people to say to move ahead, get mad at the situation and make some changes. But can't I wallow in all my hard-working self pity on my own for a few minutes? Geeze. A little comfort from time to time would be nice.
Alas, that is what Mommies and Daddies are for. Lol.
They are our big secruity blankets. :) 
Anyways, I just wanted to get that off my chest. I could go into a little more detail here, but would deem it unwise to say the least. For the present moment, oh hell yeah, it would be cathartic, but it would definitely come back and bite me in the ass. That is for sure.

Anyways, I found another great recipe on the Chatelaine sight - more seafood! WAHOO! :D Lol. Anyways - this one looks delicious and sounds beyond healthy. Come on. Who doesn't want to eat delicious foods that are ALSO healthy? Heh? Heh?
Anyways, quit eating that cheeseburger and give this next delightful yummy concoction a shot! That sounded a little dirty. Ha Ha! 

Bon Appetit!


Halibut and Zucchini Kebabs
Published by Chatelaine on 6/1/2008

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Grilling Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 3 servings

Halibut is a very spice-friendly fish, and all it takes is a dusting of an Asian blend and a lick of honey to be intensely flavourful. 

Ingredients
3-6 skewers
2 tbsp {30 mL} vegetable oil
1 tbsp {15 mL} honey
1 tsp {5 mL} 5-spice powder or 1 tsp {5 mL} ground cumin
Pinches of salt and pepper
1 lb {500 g} skinless halibut or salmon fillets or 454 g extra-firm tofu
1 small zucchini

Directions
Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 20 min. In a large bowl, stir oil with honey, 5-spice powder, salt and pepper. Slice fish or tofu into pieces, about 1 in. x 1-1/2 in. {2.5 cm x 3.5 cm}. 
Slice zucchini in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-in. {1 cm} pieces. Add both to spice mixture, then gently stir to coat. 
Thread onto skewers, alternating fish or tofu with zucchini. {To Turn easily, it is better to use 2 skewers through each kebab.} 
Barbecue kebabs, with lid closed, turning halfway through, until a knife inserted into the thickest piece of fish or tofu comes out warm, about 10 minutes.
Great with a cold rice salad. 


And there you have it! A light, healthy and definitely Summery recipe! :D


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment