Wednesday, November 09, 2011

::review::


First - I just want to start off by saying that I made the spicy shrimp soup and it was ah-mayy-zzzzzing. Seriously. It was delicious. The only thing I had to do was add a couple bouillon cubes to the broth as it was quite bland. Other then that, I added the sprouts and jalapeno along with the green onions and it was just awesome. The shrimp {with it's garlic and chili flakes} flavored the soup gorgeously. I was quite surprised to say the least. I didn't think "shrimp soup" would be that great...my boyfriend took his first spoonful and literally said "wow". He was blown away as well! The only sad thing was that there wasn't enough for seconds! I was seriously blown away and will definitely be making it again. I highly recommend you guys give it a shot. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera on me so I wasn't able to take pictures of the process of making it but I did take the final shot from my iPhone so I will just share that with you instead. 
Mind blowing. Seriously. 

Today I will be making the tortellini soup but will use mushrooms instead of the escarole. I don't have a whole lot of broth left from last night but that's okay if there is just a bit in there for the tortellini's and mushrooms to swim around in. A sauce, if you will. I am excited to try it and have high expectations but I can't get ahead of myself here. 

I got the new issue of Everday Food and obviously...since Thanksgiving is around the corner in the US...it's all about the turkey and it's fixin's. This excites me, as I have said countless times before that I have yet to make a turkey and now I have all these ideas coming out the wazoo. I will be doing my Thanksgiving either the weekend of the 19th or the 26th. I know that US TG falls on the 24th this year {thanks to a twitter friend who told me. :)}. But I gotta work with what I got. 

I still haven't perused my new cookbooks in detail yet but I can't stop thinking about them and will be doing that tonight as there is no Leaf game. Not that it matters...because they were terrible last night...but whatever. They better get their $hit together for tomorrow nights came...which is on at 9pm. I hate late games...but what can ya do. 
Enough rambling from me...lets get to posting.


My Shrimp Soup. :)


-S.*

1 comment: