Tuesday, November 08, 2011

::spicy:asian:noodles:with:chicken:+:rant::

Apparently it is asshole day today...not too sure why, but everyone seems to be on the defensive side and it's highly annoying when you're just trying to get by with no problems or arguments. Sheesh. What the hell are some people so upset about?! That they have to work? That they have to pay bills? That gas prices are high? Or that Zehr's decided to move their shit around for the 50th time and you can't seem to find the gawddamn tuna fish!? Give me a break!! Everyone goes through this - you're not the only one so people need to get rid of their "poor me" attitude, get over it and move right along. I'm only ranting because sometimes it feels like this happens on a regular basis with certain people. Some people are just not happy if they aren't complaining about some aspect of their life. It's like, shut the hell up, go home, have a drink, eat the damn carbs and get over it! If you sit there and constantly whine about certain things that doesn't mean that by doing that you're going to change a thing. I guess it's just one of those days...I thought at first there was a full moon going on or something because people are either edgy or just plain pissy today. Then a twitter friend told me that there is an asteroid that is going to pass the earth at 6 something today and it's probably effing up our water in our bodies {since we are like, 70-something % water}...and that made sense to me. Let's just hope that everyone can be their regular happy go lucky selves tomorrow after the asteroid has passed. Or go and watch a Leaf game tonight and just have a good time; you ain't winning the lottery anytime soon so get over it.

ANYWAYS! I found this next recipe and it sounds fabulous! I don't really dabble in a lot of ethnic cuisine - if you will - because I'm just plain afraid that it won't turn out. But after talking with my Mamma and realizing that I will never know unless I don't try. Not every recipe is going to turn out...and I should know this, especially watching shows like Top Chef or The Next Iron Chef...not every chef comes out with a brilliant plate and I shouldn't be ashamed if I don't either. It can easily be an amazing dish as much as it could blow up in my face. So this week I am going to try a different recipe every night if I can. This next one sounds deeeelish and will definitely be on my roster of recipes to try out soon. :) 
Bon Appetit


Spicy Asian Noodles with Chicken
Bring the flavor of your favorite takeout to the dinner table in no time. Add a snow pea saute to complete the meal. 
Yield: 4 servings {serving size: 1-3/4 cups at 381 calories}

Ingredients
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons sambal oelek {ground fresh chile paste}
1 {6.75-ounce} package thin rice sticks {rice-flour noodles}
2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts

Preparation
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic to pan; cook 45 seconds, stirring constantly. Place in a large bowl. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon oil, chicken, and next 6 ingredients {through sambal}. 
2. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain. Cut noodles into smaller pieces. Add noodles to bowl; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts


And there you have it! Another delicious weeknight meal! :)


-S.*

{Source: David Bonom, Cooking Light, March 2009}


No comments:

Post a Comment