Thursday, November 03, 2011

::tomato:side::


This next recipe is ridiculously easy to make. I love tomatoes - only when they are cool and firm. If they're mushy then I am outta here...and I hate them roasted or chunky in spaghetti sauces. That's just me. Lol. 
My boyfriend isn't a huge tomato fan either...but sometimes he'll go ahead and eat 'em if I make 'em. :) 

Bon Appetit!

Beefsteak Tomato Salad
While the rest of the meal is on the grill, toss together this cool steakhouse salad. 
Everyday Food, July/August 2005

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients
3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
3 ripe beefsteak tomatoes
Coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions
In a small bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar and olive oil; stir in shallot and capers. 
Core tomatoes; cut each into 8 wedges and place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.



-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment