Saturday, November 26, 2011

::wine:spritzer::

I am trying to figure out ways to cut calories. I know more than anyone how I have a problem with portion control and my "all or nothing" approach. 
I need to seriously work on that because it ain't good. 
Not only with food but I love my wine and figured out a way to cut the calories and still enjoy a bit of wine...white wine spritzers!
Gee...whoulda'thunk it?
I feel like a genius right now too.
Anyways...these drinks are incredibly easy to make but I decided to share a cocktail-esque recipe with you guys that I found on the Martha Stewart website. 




White Wine Spritzer
This tasty white wine spritzer is wonderfully refreshing and perfect for warm-weather entertaining. 
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2008

Yield: Makes 1 cocktail

Ingredients
1/2 cup ice cubes
5 ounces white wine, chilled
3 ounces club soda, chilled
2 or 3 watermelon or cantaloupe balls, for garnish

Directions
Place ice in a 10-ounce cocktail glass. Add wine and club soda. 
Garnish with melon balls; serve immediately.


Simple enough! 
And yes, a drink like this might be perfect for warmer weather but what cool and refreshing drink isn't during those hot seasons. 
I am going to give this a try. I have never had wine spritzers so we shall see!


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment