Wednesday, July 18, 2012

::banana:pepper:sauerkraut::

Every so often I get emails from Amazon recommending books for me..usually there is one book in that list that strikes my fancy. But this time is one of those times where I pretty much want every book that they show me. Not to mention that there are quite a few new cookbooks that are coming out around the Fall that I am eager to get my hands on by Food Network chefs like Melissa D'Arabian, Michael Smith and Rocco DiSpirito. 
So after seeing all these books I decided to go back to some cookbooks that I got not too long ago and share a recipe. Particularly from one of my favourite celebrity chefs; Guy Fieri. 
Trust me when I say that this cookbook would be any man's dream. It is jampacked with the most mouthwatering recipes known to mankind. It's quite unbelievable! I am not particularly sure how healthy these recipes are but I can guarantee you that no one will be disappointed after trying them {they may want to hit the gym for an hour or two afterwards though}. 
To start off "light" - since it is getting a bit late where I am, I am going to share a "veggie & side" recipe - that can be found on page 312. No picture...but sounds delicious none the less. I love sour/hot things so sauerkraut and banana peppers? I mean, you can't go wrong there. ;)

Bon Appetit!


Banana Pepper Sauerkraut
"Oh, this just turns on the water jets in my mouth. It's awesome on hot or cold dishes, sandwiches or salads, you name it. This is your new go-to condiment."

Serves 4

Ingredients
2 cups best-quality sauerkraut, drained
1-1/2 cups jarred banana peppers, drained
2 to 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeno rings
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic

Directions
1. In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, combine all the ingredients and pulse until finely chopped and well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired. Refrigerate any leftovers. 


This is what I love about short recipes; they're short. 
I dislike it when there are 30 steps to a recipe...especially when you are trying to make a meal for a weeknight. I know this isn't technically a 'meal'...okay, maybe for me - but as Guy states in his book; it is perfect as a condiment and I think this just sounds amazing. :)



-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment