Thursday, July 19, 2012

::makings:of:a:mini:library::

I would love an apartment/house like this with a bookshelf like that!


I have been on a minor downer the last couple of days here and there - not exactly sure why....but I am working on it! Lol. Other then that things have been really good and I am just trying to keep as busy as possible. Been reading lots and the amount of books to read is dwindling - seems like my speed reading has picked up, lol! But I also did mention in a previous post that there are a lot of new books out there that have struck my fancy so I am going to do a book wish list since I haven’t done that with you guys in a while. 


A Vineyard In Tuscany by Ferenc Mate {$13.24}
A book on Italy - what more can you want? And who wouldn’t want to pick up all their things and move to Italy to grow their own grapes and make their own wine? 
Definitely love my Italy stories and want this one in my collection.

Triggered: A Memoir of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder by Fletcher Wortmann {$18.17}
I find myself to be a bit OCD so this book grabbed my attention. :) I also have read great reviews on it about one’s struggles with this anxiety disorder. I wonder if I will be able to relate or not but regardless, I like to read about different things in general so would like to see what this one is about.

Little Ways to Keep Calm and Carry On: Twenty Lessons for Managing Worry, Anxiety, and Fear by Mark Reinecke {$12.24}
When I am dealing with a bout of anxiety that I feel like I can’t cope with at times I not only use my natural and healthy techniques to deal with it without grabbing the pill bottle but I find that blogging or tweeting about it somewhat helps. Lots of people respond and it is nice to know that sometimes I am not alone in this. I am not the only one struggling. So my lovely Twitter friend @lushbaby recommended this book to me. I love the entire “Keep Calm & --” series so am eager to see what this book is about as she has said that it’s helped her in her times of struggle. :)

Yes, Chef: A Memoir by Marcus Samuelsson {$19.20}
Since reading “Talking With My Mouth Full” by Gail Simmons I have been trying to find more chef-y memoirs. Since I adore Chef Samuelsson I was happy to see that this book was out. I am very interested in seeing how he got started in the culinary world. 

Persuasion by Arlene Dickinson {$20.68}
I saw this book at my bookstore {Chapters} and was drawn to it as I had just seen Arlene the night before on the show Shark Tank {or Dragons Den...one of the two} and who wouldn’t want business tips from a savvy business woman??

Restaurant Man by Joe Bastianich {$18.50}
Another memoir type chef book by Italian Chef Bastianich ~ who you can also see on Ramsay’s show Master Chef.
Bastianich is super intimidating and kind of a prick ~ a quiet one at that, not as loud as Ramsay but I am quite interested in seeing more of him then the arrogant chef and am sure I won’t be disappointed in this book. 

The Face of Fear by Dean Koontz {$9.99}
I have been wanting to get this book for a while now to read and just never got around to it. I don’t know why. I have read a lot of Koontz’s books lately and I think this one is on the list to read next. 

Mary Engelbreit 2013 Day-to-Day Calendar: The Best Things in Life...Aren’t Things {$13.13}
I know this isn’t a book...but I wanted to share because I really love Mary’s artwork. I am not into the whole “country” illustrator theme but I really do enjoy Mary’s work after seeing it in a Christmas book growing up. So incredibly colourful, lots of details without being too much. Mary’s artwork reminds me of penmanship sometimes...I know that sounds odd...but if you ever see someone’s writing that is big, thick and they dot their i’s with big fat circles...well, that is what Mary’s art reminds me of {weird I know}. I mean, I know what I am talking about...I obviously can’t put it into words. Lol. 
Anyways...2012 is almost done - which is crazy...the year is drawing to a close and I am going to make THE MOST out of 2013 more then anything since the last three years have been slightly tricky for me here and there. So what better way then to plan ahead and have a cute little calendar, all in one? :)
Anyways...if you want to check out more of Mary’s stuff just search her name in the Amazon search engine. :) 


There ya go! Let me know if you guys have read any of these books and what you thought. :)


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment