Wednesday, March 13, 2013

::chicken:parm::

Another recipe from Recipe Girl!
Honestly, there are a tun of recipes on this lady's blog and they all look so mouth-wateringly delicious. 

Before I go on though, I lied yesterday when I said I was making manicotti. TONIGHT, I WILL make manicotti. :P

Let ya'll know how that turned out. 
But anyways, as everyone that knows me, knows, I am obsessssssed with pasta. OBSESSED! I told myself that I was going to go two weeks, just two weeks!!! without eating it and I can't even do that! I seriously need to try not eating it though. I might have a serious allergy-addiction to the refined and processed love of my life. Lol. 
Anyways, so I seen this recipe and thought "oh yea, this needs to be in my fat belly, weight loss or not". 
Lol, just kidding, but come on, I can eat this {in moderation of course!!} and still lose some of this blub. 
I'm not even going to get into that though, let's just get on with it!!
The pictures look so damn delicious!!

Bon Appetit!


Skillet Chicken Parmesan
Yield: 4 servings
Prep: 25 min // Cook: 10 min

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil 
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1-1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders {or chicken breasts cut into strips}
1 tablespoon butter

1 tablespoon olive oil 
12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
1-1/2 to 2 cups tomato-basil marinara
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup shredded Provolone or Mozzarella cheese

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat the broiler in the oven. You'll need a large nonstick skillet and a large stainless steel or cast iron skillet for this recipe. 

2. Combine 3 tablespoons Parmesan, breadcrumbs, oregano, basil and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a shallow bowl. Place the egg white in a separate shallow bowl. Heat the butter with the olive oil in your nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip each piece of chicken in egg white, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Add the chicken to the pan and cook 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. 

3. Place the cooked pasta in your oven-safe skillet. Place the cooked chicken on top of the pasta. In a medium bowl, mix marinara with balsamic, pepper and remaining 1/8 teaspoon of salt.Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining Parmesan and Provolone cheeses. Broil 2 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately - a generous portion of pasta with chicken and sauce on top. 




-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment