Tuesday, August 06, 2013

::peanut:crusted:chicken:breasts::

In The Kitchen...

Sometimes I am totally lost as to what to make for dinner's...I know dinner's shouldn't be the biggest meal of the day but I make 'em that. Probably because I LOVE to cook. But you already knew that. 
I have the most random things in my pantry that don't go together which is tough when you are living on a budget and are trying to make healthful yet delicious meals. 
I need to figure out what to make for tonight. 
I know my boyfriend wants chicken and I have a couple chicken breasts in the freezer. I have yellow wax beans but they're waiting for a rotisserie chicken to go with for my lunches at work so I'm not touching them. I have some broccoli....rice...quinoa...lettuce...tomatoes...shrimps, boyfriend definitely doesn't want anything to do with shrimps lately...oh boy...
Doesn't help that I am completely scatterbrained today too and that I am not feeling all that well and that the day seems to be d.r.a.g.g.i.n.g.
Anyways, let's just share a random recipe. I then may feel inspired. 

Bon Appetit!


Peanut-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Everyday Food, June 2006
Prep: 35 mins // Total: 40 mins // Servings: 4

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
3/4 cup unsalted peanuts
3 slices white sandwich bread, torn into small pieces
Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 large eggs
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
1-1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest

Directions
STEP 1 - Preheat over to 475* degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; lightly oil, and set aside. In a food processor, pulse peanuts and bread until coarsely ground. Transfer to a wide rimmed medium bowl; whisk in oil, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. 

STEP 2 - In a large bowl, beat eggs; season generously with salt and pepper. Add chicken, and turn to coat. One piece at a time, dredge in peanut breading, gently pressing onto chicken; transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned and just cooked through, about 15 minutes. 

STEP 3 - While chicken is baking, cook asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 3 to 4 minutes, depending on thickness. Drain and transfer to a bowl along with butter and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Serve chicken with asparagus.



This would require me to go and pick up peanuts and eggs so it's back to the drawing board for me. Lol. But this definitely is something I am going to try very soon! Sounds delicious!!

-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment