Wednesday, January 29, 2014

::smoothie:time::

Man oh man…I have had a rough last couple of days…I mean…the last two days have been particularly brutal, anxiety-wise. I have to make some big changes in my life and change is scary! Who likes change? Especially when you are so into your habits. That’s what they say, don’t they? We are creatures of habit.

Anyways…to begin, really, I have been doing fairly well on my lifestyle-change. Drinking my smoothies every morning and my smoothies consist of spinach, green apple, pear and pineapple. I also add some chia seeds to it with Jarosil and then filtered Brita water. OH! I didn’t explain…I got a Nutribullet so I have been obsessed with that thing! Other than my slow cooker and panini press, the Nutribullet is my new favorite kitchen appliance. 


Honestly, I am not disappointed with this thing. Although the cups could come a little bigger because the recipes call for so many things and I am not sure if they are using miniature fruit or something but I can’t fit all that into my cup. Mind you, if the cups were bigger I wouldn’t be able to drink all of it. I have a hard time enough as it is. But I digress…I must admit that after drinking, about an hour or two later I am hungry again! So I must add some more protein or fibre into that smoothie. But I love it! :) I highly recommend it over a blender…not that I have a blender or ever had one…but obviously if I had to choose I would get a Nutribullet. Lol. 
For lunches I have been sticking to clean eats such as sandwiches or wraps and for dinner I have been eating soup – barley soup that I made from scratch with onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, chicken and…barley. Of course. My Mom gave me the recipe. It’s so delicious. I could eat it forever. But I need to break it up a bit so tonight I think it will be fish and broccoli with cauliflower. Yum. 
Hmm…I haven’t begun the exercise bit. I don’t want to go crazy or I know that I will go off the deep end and then just go back to square one, so I am just taking it one day at a time. 

Anyways! Since I am on this smoothie kick I am going to be sharing with you some smoothie recipes in the next little while…or forever! This is one that I found on one of my favourite websites MindBodyGreen. I haven’t used kale or mango in my smoothies just yet but you can bet your bottom that I will be. 

Bon Appetit!


Pear and Mango Green Smoothie
Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients

1 large pear
1 cup frozen mango
2 to 3 handfuls spinach2 stalks kale
1 cup water {more for a thinner consistency}


Directions
Place all ingredients in high speed blender and blend until smooth. 

To make this more filling, add 1/2 of a small ripe avocado and a scoop of plant-based protein powder. You can play around with the ratios of the ingredients to suit your tastes. 


Well that was a short recipe! But healthy for you!! 
Yes, I think I might become one of those health nuts. I would love to be! :D
I do have a question for you guys - if you have an answer I would love to hear in the comments - why do all these smoothie drinkers always drink from mason jars or large wine goblets? Let me hear your thoughts!


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment