Tuesday, October 07, 2014

::waffles::


Recently I have had some sort of weird obsession with waffles...I think it's become Trav and I went to the 50's diner a while ago and while there I ordered a pecan waffle with honey and poured on the maple syrup...now usually I am not a sweets girl...I just prefer savoury. But I was in total l*o*v*e eating this breakfast. OMG. So ever since then, I have been on the hunt for a waffle-maker...but could never find the one that I wanted and at a cheapish price...my BFF then recently got me one as a gift!! I couldn't be more excited! 

My new baby. ;)

So! I am ready to make a boatload of waffles!!! 
Now...you can totally use pancake recipes and just put that baby in the waffle maker and you don't even have to flip! The only con about this waffle maker is that the waffles come out thin. Other then that, it's great for the price. :) 
So let's move onto some recipes shall we? 

This recipe can be found on the Tone It Up website and their recipe/nutrition book. I don't personally have Perfect Fit Protein but you can use ANY protein...I will be using Vega Vanilla plant-based protein powder for this - 22 g which is......1.5 tablespoons-ish? LOL! I am pretty sure...I will go with that when making my protein waffles.
Anyways...they call for their Perfect Fit Protein packet which is 22g....that is why you use 1.5 tablespoon of whatever protein you have on hand. :) 
Anyways - let's move onto the recipe...


This recipe makes uno pancake-o or waffle. :) 

INGREDIENTS
1 packet Perfect Fit {or 1.5 Tbsp of your protein powder of choice}
1/2 banana, mashed
1/2 Tbsp almond milk
1/4 cup egg whites
1 tsp. cinnamon

INSTRUCTIONS
Completely mash banana with almond milk. Gradually stir in the remaining ingredients. If you'd like to add in additional ingredients to make your pancakes one of the flavors listed on the next page {I will post this at the bottom of this recipe}, add them to the batter before cooking.
Spray your skillet or waffle maker with cooking spray and turn to medium low heat {they recommend canola oil}. Slowly and evenly pour the batter into the pan. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on one side until you see bubbles rising to the surface of your pancake.

Using a spatula, carefully lift the edge and take a peek. If the underside of your pancake is golden brown, it's ready to flip. Carefully flip your pancake and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side until both sides are golden brown and the pancake is cooked through.
Remove from heat and top with additional ingredients if desired. Drizzle with real maple syrup, honey or agave and serve! 

And there you have it! Super easy and simple! No muss no fuss. I think I am going to make 50 of these and keep em in the fridge for pre or post workout snacks! :) 

Here is the flavour list too. 


And of course - won't leave without sharing some heaaaaaven on a plate. This was my breakfast a while back. :) That started this whole thing!



-S.*


No comments:

Post a Comment